Sunday, August 10, 2014

Getting Techy With Alt Ed

Alternative school remains a challenge when it comes to incorporating state objectives and technology. There are six history subjects being completed by students at any given time. If our school was larger, I might be able to dedicate a class time to each one. However, it isn't feasible at our school.

The Innovative Teaching and Learning Academy has really opened my eyes to so many possibilities for my students. Before school starts, I am planning on revamping my syllabi for all classes. 

Oklahoma History is the one I am going to attack first. I love the idea of a blog entry instead of a chapter summary. Giving the students choices of blog topics for each chapter will help them feel they have some control over the finished product.

I am getting very excited about all the possibilities and can't wait to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment